Wednesday, September 23, 2009

EMM Ergon


September 23. 09
We got home today at 2:30 p.m. Whoever wasn't at the show, I bet you are wanting to know how it went. Well, first of all, Ergon did a very good job. In the in-hand course he normally doesn't trot, but I worked him just 5 minutes before the course and he picked it up excellent with the new surroundings. He wanted to stay close to me so that really helped. He did better in the in-hand course than I had expected. I scored a 24.5 in the in-hand course. Now the riding course, Ergon did great but I forgot a few of the patterns. Where I was supposed to trot I walked and in the backing I bumped a log. The score was a 19.5. I bought him easy boots before the competition because he had tender front feet. Never had them before and they work wonders. His conditioning score was a 12 which was a little harsh. I placed 20th out of 48 competitors in my division. Overall, I think there were 92 or so total competitors in both divisions. When the auction started I was hip number 46. I ran in at the last minute and got a bidders number, just in case. I gave my bidders card to Trisha, my right hand cowgirl. When I entered the auction ring, I was given a microphone to talk to the crowd to let them know about Ergon. I blanked out at first and mumbled a little and then the main thing I remember is saying "If he doesn't go for much, I am taking him." Well, the bidding war began. Trisha, my Mom and Dad, and 2 other bidders in a war over Ergon. As I was walking towards the gate, the head lady says "You got him", which I didn't know until it was all over. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment